Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bloggers want to know

Meme-ilicious: My answers to my bloggy friends' questions

I don’t know who started this Meme, but DeanCRich has tagged me, so I will do my best.  One concern is that I’m supposed to tag 8 other folks but everyone I know well has been tagged.  That means I’m actually going to tag 8 people I don’t know very well which is going to throw a kink in the questions.  I will make something up (I do write fiction, after all).

If you could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?


My honeymoon.  We were young and in love.  (
BTW, now we’re old and in love.)  The perfection of Grand Cayman stills haunts me.  Perfect sandy beaches, a nice little city, great diving and snorkeling. The breeze blowing across our faces as we lay in the hammock watching the waves crash on the beach.  Heaven. 

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

Well, this is probably strange but I would go back to my firstborn’s birth and change the fact that I didn’t get an epidural.  What was I thinking?!  Oh, I know, I was in California, the land of fruits and nuts, and thought Natural was the way to go.  I just didn’t know that I wouldn’t dilate all the way and that it would take 16 hours to deliver.  Man, the boy and I were under some serious stress.  I would have changed that one small thing to make us both enjoy the birthing process a little more.

*On a side note, I didn’t get any drugs with the second kid either.  But not because I didn’t want them.  Son #2 waited until 12 days past my due date, waited for me to be induced, and then, when he realized we wanted him to come out, he shot out of there before the doctor could even arrive.   

What movie/tv character do you most resemble in personality?


Alright, um, I admit it.  I don’t watch tv or watch many movies.  I read and then read some more.  So, I don’t really have an answer.  When I was young my family said that I looked like Natalie Wood.  She was a movie star a long time ago.  From a personality perspective?  Geez, um, probably…oh, wait for it….my husband says Sandra Bullock or Sally Field.  I can be funny when I want to or serious.  What a sweet guy!!

If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?

I can’t even torture my characters, so I really couldn’t push someone off of a cliff.

Name one habit you want to change in yourself.

I wish I loved to exercise.
Describe yourself in one word.

Blessed.

Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.

Sincere.


Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.
I wanted to build my platform as a writer and see if anyone would visit.

Who am I tagging?

Karen Lee Hallam, Tansy Ragwort, Scott Niven, KaciMari, RS Mellette, Sheena, Pete Morin, and Layinda.


Meme The Second:
Upload a picture or wall paper you are using at the moment.

Talk about a Party Pony!
This was taken at a bar in Nashville.
Are you hot?
I used to be cute. Now I look at myself and think what?!
When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

I don’t remember.  It has to be recently though, right?

The Song(s) you listened to recently?Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine

What were you thinking as you were doing this?

I was thinking that I’m crazy to give up my very bad habit of constant Diet Pepsi drinking.  I’m so sad; it’s like losing a best friend.

Do you have nicknames?

My husband calls me baby or geek.

Tag eight Blogger friends.

1.
Love8Rockets
2.  Tansy Ragwort
3.  Scott Niven
4.  KaciMari
5.  RS Mellette
6.  Sheena Mullally
7.  Pete Morin
8.  Layinda

Who’s listed as number one? 
Karen Lee Hallam.  We just met because we write for similar age groups and are looking for crit partners.

Say something about number 5. 


RS Mellette is serious about his films.

How did you get to know number 3?
He followed me on Twitter; I checked him out and followed him back.

How about number 4?


We met at Agent Query Connect.

Leave a message for number 6. 
Sheena, I don’t see you on Twitter very often so I thought you’d enjoy this chance to share on your blog.

Leave a lovey-dovey message for number 2. 


Dearest Tansy,  You’re artwork is like a whisper to my soul.  You are talented and wonderful.  Love, Me.

Do number 7 and number 8 have any similarities? 
Only that both are on AQC, I think.

5 comments:

Dean C. Rich said...

Nice Blog!

Thanks for writing. It has been good to meet you over at AQC. Keep it up!

DC

Tracy N. Jorgensen said...

A whisper to your soul, eh? Well I'll take it! Thanks for tagging me. If I did this sort of thing, or had enough people to tag, then I would put it up on my blog. In the meantime, I'll at least admire your answer.

Precy Larkins said...

Lol on that picture!

About the epidural...I had it with both kids. No au naturel for this mama. When the pain came I was like, "Now!" Haha!

KellieM said...

Thanks Dean! It was fun to do.

Tansy, I completely understand. I tagged people but knew they might not do this stuff on their blog.

Cherie - Oh I wish I could have been the same. But they are worth it.

A.M.Supinger said...

I was a natural birth...my mom said she cursed for ten hours before I got out - and then kept on. Apparently, I'm not a saintly child. *wicked grin*

Great post!