Thursday, August 11, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to my blog


A funny thing happened on the way to my blog. (Badum bum!) I had all these wonderful blog post ideas for July and before I could write and post them I was kidnapped by aliens!  They held me against my will and forced me to do all these unmentionable things, which I am going to mention here.  Ha, take that you alien abductors! 

The first task that needed to be completed was a major undertaking.  It required immense brain power, long hours, and… statistics.  Yes, you read it right.  The torture!!!  The aliens informed me that if I didn’t complete this task called a “Project at Work”, the aliens would die of starvation and lose their alien shelter and spaceship.  Well, I couldn’t let something like that happen since they seemed so nice.  I mean, they did kidnap me but they were very nice about it.

The second task required me to spend a week of evenings after the “Project at Work” hours educating more of their kind about a very special book.  There were several captives performing duties during this time period for a whole bunch of alien offspring.  The other captives were required to sing songs, make snacks, do crafts, and play games.  I worked closely with the main alien kidnapper telling stories from this special book.  I surmise that he didn’t want me out of his sight.  There might have been a slight attraction between us, I admit.

The third task required spending an exorbitant amount of time at the most awful place of business where they sell everything.  I mean everything.  From food to clothes to cleaning supplies. Everything aliens need, I guess.  And boy, that place has a lot of weird looking aliens.  All types were there.  The aliens forced me to spend a tremendous amount of time choosing between different colored folders, scissors, paper, and pencils.  Apparently the young aliens were going to be doing a vast amount of learning in the months to come. 

I planned to escape but I was enamored by their sweetness, their neediness, and their lack of maternal support.  The main alien was obviously good for the two little aliens, but they needed more.  Someone had to be here for them, to guide them, to educate them, to love them.  So, I gave up the July blogs but I got so much more in return.

What did you do in July?  Any alien abductions to share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! You've got to watch out for those cute little aliens. They're irresistible.

Precy Larkins said...

Kellie, I read this earlier but couldn't comment 'cause we were getting ready to leave. You are a natural storyteller! I enjoyed this. You gotta watch out for those aliens--good thing they're plenty cute, eh? :D

KellieM said...

Thanks Cherie! I had fun writing this piece and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I often tell the aliens that God made them cute so I wouldn't kill them!